Saturday, January 29, 2011

Anouk's fashion sense

Anyone who has a toddler knows that they have a fashion sense. Whether it was Liam demanding an orange sweater with a blue monster or Anouk dressing herself in the morning.

Anouk insists on dressing herself most days: "I do it self! I choose!" OK...

This is one of my favourites from the last few weeks:


Snowman pajama top, a dress that fit her when she was 1, blue pants and red rubber boots. And yes, she did go out of the house like that. With a jacket covering up the PJs and the dress. :) And yes, that's a full basket of laundry in the background that contains lots of clothes that are actually her size...

Here she is playing in a box in the kitchen - note the foot sticking out:


They both had a lot of fun in their boxes, cutting out windows, colouring the inside... It was a great way to spend a rainy afternoon!



Here's another shot of Anouk "all dressed up":


The daycare had asked me to make some dress-up clothes for them and I had a great time choosing iridescent and sparkly fabrics and lots of tulle. I made them into easy pull-up skirts and tutus. Anouk just loved the fabrics and wrapping herself in them. :)

And here is a blouse I made for her with some corduroy that I have had in my stash for a while. It's one of my favourite Oliver and S patterns: the 2+2 blouse. The great thing is, once you have sewn a pattern a couple of times it really is easy. 


A new addition to her wardrobe, something to distract her from the dress that is two sizes too small now and an alternative to the PJs.


No comments: