Saturday, December 31, 2011

December

December came and we were getting ready for Christmas.
Monika's parents came to visit from Halifax and we bakes Czech and German Christmas specialties together:




...while the boys watched hockey:




I finished some Christmas crafting. I really wanted to get this quilt done for my niece Pauline. I started the quilt during the summer and was working on it the night Pauline was born, sending my sister all the best for her labour and Pauline best wishes for a safe arrival in her parent's arms. Everything went really well and my sister and her partner are the proudest parents!
I hope this will be a fun quilt for her to crawl on now, crawl under soon for a nap and then maybe use to build a fort between a table and some chairs...



Liam really wanted to do some crafting as well and here's the flower he embroidered all by himself for his Oma. I am so proud of my boy!


And then it was Christmas! We had a beautiful Christmas Eve celebration with our friend Monika. So much love, family and friendship that evening!



Liam and Anouk were so happy with their presents from family, friends and of course Christkind!





1 comment:

beth said...

Wow, so lovely to catch up on your adventures. And really nice to see Monika again. Please say hello from me. The quilt is gorgeous! And the red riding hood costume and Liam's flower - beautiful! x