Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ready or not, here we grow!


I cannot believe how quickly the kids are growing up!! Liam turned 5 last weekend and we had am "Enchanted Garden" birthday party. Liam wanted a costume as a garden fairy in yellow with green buttons and an orange wavy border.

This is how it turned out (together with the costume design drawing he made):


Here he is wearing the garden fairy costume with his fairy crown:


We had a puppet show, balloon animals and a wading pool set up for the kids. It was a lot of fun! And we were so lucky with the weather!! It was one of the rare sunny days of this summer.



Yesterday I was helping Liam brush his teeth when we noticed that one of his front teeth is loose. I almost teared up... It seems like yesterday that we went through many tears while he was teething and those teeth came through...

Anouk is talking more and more every day. She loves to sit on the front steps and say "hi!' to everyone who comes by, "hi doggie!" "hi people!" "hi bike!".


This morning when I dropped her off at her daycare and said "Bye-bye, I love you" she looked at me and smiled and said "Love you!" and then ran off to play. She is so full of energy and full of life - and already so independent!

I am very proud of these growing children!! ... although I did make Liam promise not to play with that loose tooth, because if it falls out it really means that he is growing up and I'm not sure I am ready for that. He just gave me his Liam grin and told me it was inevitable, he was going to grow up whether I was ready or not.

How true.

No comments: