Monday, November 17, 2008

Late autumn in the forest


I guess I should be writing more often in my blog, and believe me, it's not for a lack of ideas... It's more a shyness on my part - I mean, how meaningful and interesting are my thoughts going to be? After countless articles and blog entries on Obama's win of the US election, what was there to add but my own personal experience of the moment... But maybe that's what this blog is about.... 
So, until I loose my shyness of blogging about whatever is on my mind, I'll stick to more domestic issues, like a walk in the forest on a gray November day...
Here we go:
Liam with "My-friend-the-bear" on his way to look for red goblins and of course to find the Faraway Tree. This time I was Moonface and Mark was Silky :)



It was really nice with the mist hanging in the trees and the luscious undergrowth even this late in the year. We discovered lots of mushrooms. 

Here's Liam looking at one mushroom just breaking through the soil. 


It's so nice to have this big forest so close, it's like a little getaway from urban life in the middle of the city. 
And somehow we are drawn more to the forest than to the beach in this weather, maybe because the beach is usually very windy and playing in the cold soggy sand is just no fun at all... And there just hasn't been as much magic on the beach, we'll have to introduce some beach fairies into our lives. :) Although Liam will be the first to tell you that the fairies and goblins are just pretend, not real, just like monsters are not real. Although he was pretty convinced last night that Nils Holgersson is real, on the back of Martin, the goose... I guess there is a fine line between real and pretend in his world and that line can be crossed in either direction whenever he wants to.



No comments: